Monday, December 13, 2010

And so, Christmas is on its way!


[Source]

I can hear and see Christmas coming. At the office, each department has its own Christmas tree and decors. Most of them are having also the ever popular Christmas parties and gift-giving to secret Santas. I have volunteered myself to be a part of our media division’s party and gift-giving ceremonies because our own division is just so flaky icky dry when it comes to such events. I don’t blame them much. I do understand that due to religious affiliations, most of them do not celebrate the holiday season the way Christians do.

It’s just that, we are an advertising agency and we’re supposed to be an all-rounder when it comes to such festivities. Anyway, enough of the office rants.

For us Christians, it’s the most festive season of the year. The more I miss home because of this. I am a bit worried with my Mom (although she kept on reassuring me that she’ll be okay) since this is the first time that she’ll spend Noche Buena (Christmas Eve) to someone else’s home. My sisters have flown to US two days ago so it means my Mom is all alone. Although my younger brother is in the Philippines right now for his Christmas vacation, he’ll be spending most of his time with his wife’s family. Mom says that she’s planning to spend Christmas day with my brother’s in-laws. I hope she'll enjoy. I know that she misses us so much.

I’m just feeling sad that all of us in our family got separated at this family-oriented celebration. My Papa and two sisters are in the US, I am here in UAE, my brother and Mom in the Philippines.

I miss them so much.

I don’t want to be emotional and I’m still here in the office so I just can’t be seen crying here.

At home, it’s still very plain and gloomy. No Christmas decors or Christmas songs. We just moved in last Friday so it’s still a huge mess. Our shelving units and TV are not yet fixed. And we haven’t decided until now how to arrange the huge sofas (they took a lot of space in the living room). Another thing is we haven’t bought our dining table and chairs yet. And lastly and most importantly, our gas connection is not yet done, which means we can’t cook anything yet (except for the rice because we have a rice cooker anyway) and we just have to satisfy ourselves with oily icky take-aways for the next 5 or so days.

Give me another week or two. Or maybe just in time before Christmas, we’ll be able to finish everything.

Please wish me luck.

And for the rest of you, enjoy shopping for your gift list coz I don’t think I can do my own shopping anymore.

Remember me on your list okay? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment