Monday, November 22, 2010

Wishful Thinking

I’m back at work.

Not much backlog though, which is good. I mean there were lots of things to be done right at my table but I’ve finished them up in no time. It’s not an easy job. Not a difficult one either. I think I have just become comfortable that things have become very “routine-like”.

Being an accountant, life is the same every month at the office. Same transactions, same amounts, same payments, same instructions, same reports. It’s boring not because I don’t have enough workload but because no matter how much or how many transactions I will have on my hands, it’s still the same job over and over. In short, it’s still BORING!

I miss the challenges of auditing. But I don’t think I can come back to it. For more than 2 years, I’m stuck with a boring job and I feel that I’ve been left behind with what’s new and latest in the auditing world. I am no expert in this field. Yet, I am so eager to learn and grow in it.

But maybe I am not so eager now because I have to turn my time into something ultra-productive: a 9-hour day job, a mom to KA, a Femme Candy entrepreneur, a wife and a cook.

I have friends who have started taking up the CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) exam and they were doing great. They are single, they have money and they have TIME.

I dream to have another job that is more challenging but not too time-consuming as I need extra time to take care of our home and KA. But I do hope that it will be something not so-accounting but better pay. Haha!

That’s just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment